This article introduces the Workflow Editor, which is the main tool for designing workflows in AUTTO.
Table of Contents
- Opening the Workflow Editor
- Selecting a Function and Workflow
- Using the Workflow Editor
- Related Articles
Opening the Workflow Editor
All AUTTO workflows are created using the Workflow Editor, an easy-to-use visual workflow designer with a canvas on which actions are dropped from a list on the left.
To open the Workflow Editor, on the Admin Dashboard, click either New Workflow on the top-left or the Edit button on an existing workflow.
Selecting a Function and Workflow
When you click New Workflow, you will be taken to a page where you can select either a blank workflow, or a pre-existing workflow under the Human Resources, Operations, and Legal functions (more may be added later).
Using the Workflow Editor
After selecting a function and workflow, you will be taken to the Workflow Editor, where you need to enter a name for the workflow and an optional description, select a publishing type for the workflow, then click Create to view a draft Workflow with a Start action.
Drag Actions from the list on the left onto the Workflow Editor's canvas to start creating your workflow. For more information, see Creating a New Workflow.
When you click the Edit button on an existing workflow, the Workflow Editor will display the workflow's current design, as seen in the screenshot below.
To start editing the workflow, position your cursor over any of the Actions, then click the Edit icon that appears over the action. You can also copy or delete an Action, or disconnect the link between Actions.
On the left side of the Workflow Editor is the Actions list, which contains the various Actions that you can use with your workflows. To add an Action to a workflow, drag it to the Workflow Editor's canvas.
On the top-right of the Workflow Editor, there are six (6) buttons:
- Settings: Allows selecting a stylesheet for use with the Workflow. You can also delete the Workflow from here.
- Publish: Allows publishing of a new Workflow or replacing or archiving of a previously published version.
- Preview: Opens a Workflow currently undergoing editing in a new Window.
- Data: Allows viewing of a workflow's execution progress and downloading of data. This only appears for published workflows.
- Draft: Allows viewing and editing of the Draft workflow.
- Published: Allows viewing of the Published workflow. This only appears for published workflows.
You can zoom in or out, or go back to the original viewing size of a Workflow using the line of buttons to the right of the Actions list.
On the top-right of the Workflow Editor, there are buttons that allow multi-selection of Actions, copying of multiple Form, Email, and Page actions, locking or unlocking of Actions (locking prevents moving of actions while unlocking allows them to be moved to another location on the Workflow editor), and deleting of Actions.
For more information, see Managing Workflows.