The Table Export action exports any table to .xlsx format, which can then be used as an attachment later in the workflow. This article discusses the Table Export action in more detail.
Table of Contents
- Understanding the Table Export Action
- Setting Up the Table Export Action
- How the Table Export Action Appears in the User Application
Understanding the Table Export Action
Using the Table Export action, you can select a data table (see Managing Data Tables) or a table square bracket (see Table Square Brackets) that has been defined earlier in the workflow, for export to .xlsx files.
Within the Table Export action, you can use the Table Editor to format the resulting .xlsx file.
During export, you will be asked to enter the file name for the resulting .xlsx file. You can then use the .xlsx file later in the workflow, e.g. attach the file to an email.
Setting Up the Table Export Action
Use the Table Export action anytime you need to export a table in a workflow. Prior to export, you can edit the table directly from within the Table Export action, and enter your preferred name for the output file.
To use the Table Export action:
- Drag a Table Export action to the canvas of the Workflow Editor.
- Position your cursor over the action, then click the Edit icon when it appears.
- Under the Input Table box, enter the name of the input table, which should be a data table or a table square bracket defined earlier in the workflow.
NOTE: If you have several table square brackets defined, enter [ to bring up the list of table square brackets, then select the appropriate one from the list.
- Click the Format Table button to the right to view the current table square bracket format.
- From the Table Editor, or the Table format: <table name> window, you can:
- Change the default font size.
- Delete select columns you don't want to appear in the .xlsx file.
- Rearrange columns by pointing your cursor at a column and dragging the selected column to another position.
- Remove all columns, then individually add the columns you want to appear in the .xslsx file.
- Preview the output file format.
- Once you have formatted the output file to your liking, click Done.
- Back on the Action Editor, enter an optional square bracket name for the output file. This will allow use of the file later in the workflow.
- Under the Document output name box, enter the name that will be used when saving and downloading the file.
- Click the x button to save your changes and close the Editor.
How the Table Export Action Appears in the User Application
The Table Export action does not appear in the User Application. To display the .xlsx file generated from the Table Export action in your workflow, you need to add Page, Email, and Task Email actions to your workflow. The document can then can be displayed on and/or downloaded from these Actions using the Attachments feature (for more information, see Attaching Files to Actions).