Slack provides business communication and a host of other tools for companies of all sizes. This article details how to connect your Autto account with a Slack workspace.
Table of Contents
- Connecting Slack and Autto
- Setting a Default Slack Account to use with Autto
- Disconnecting a Slack Account from Autto
Connecting Slack and Autto
You can connect a Slack workspace to Autto from the Main Menu. Once the two systems are connected, you can use the Slack action in Autto to trigger workflows from within Slack. For more information, see Slack Action.
If you already have a Slack account, connecting the two systems is straightforward. Signing up for a Slack account from Autto may require an extra step but the process remains easy.
To connect a Slack account to Autto:
- On your Autto Dashboard, click the Main Menu, then Integrations.
- On the Integrations page, scroll down and expand the Slack option.
- Click Connect. If you have an existing Slack account, proceed to Step 4. Otherwise, skip to Step 5.
- On the Slack signin page, enter your workspace's Slack URL, then click Continue. Skip to Step 7.
- If you do not have an existing Slack account, click the Create a new workspace link at the bottom of the Slack signin page, enter your work email address on the next page, then click Continue.
- Check your work email for the verification code from Slack, and enter the code on the space provided. Slack will then create your new account.
- Click Allow to allow Autto access to the Slack workspace.
- You will then be taken back to Autto, where your Slack account now appears under the Connected Accounts list. Repeat Steps 3-7 to to connect another Slack workspace to Autto.
NOTE: You can connect multiple Slack accounts to your Autto account.
Setting a Default Slack Workspace to Use with Autto
The first Slack workspace you connected to Autto is always set as your default account. If you connected more than one Slack workspace, you can switch default accounts by going to the Integrations page, then clicking the Set Default button to the right of the other account.
NOTE: if you have more than one Slack account connected to Autto, you will be able to select which account to use with a Slack action in a workflow. For more information, see Slack Action.
Disconnecting a Slack Account from Autto
To disconnect a Slack account from Autto, go to the Integrations page and click the Delete button to the right of the connected Slack account. Repeat the procedure to disconnect your other Slack accounts from Autto.
NOTE: The Slack action will be disabled once you disconnect your Slack accounts from your Autto account.