AUTTO allows triggering a workflow at specified dates and times, even without a human user working behind the scenes.
Table of Contents
What is the Workflow Scheduler?
The Workflow Scheduler allows workflows to be started automatically from within AUTTO by a bot user. This feature is available on the Start Action. For more information, see Start Action.
Scheduling a Workflow
A workflow can be started automatically with a Bot user from the Scheduler option in a Start action. This capability is unique to the Start action - it is not found anywhere else in AUTTO.
To schedule a workflow from a Start action:
- Scroll down, then click Advanced Options.
- Navigate down to the Scheduler section, then click Enabled.
- Click the Calendar, then select a date for the scheduled start of the workflow.
- Enter the time for the scheduled start. Click the AM button to change the start time to PM.
- By default, scheduled workflows are set to start Once, or Do Not Repeat. To change this, select the appropriate option from the list.
- If you do not find a suitable option for a scheduled start, click Custom, then set up the Number and Frequency.
- Automated schedules are set to never end by default. Change this in case you know when you want the workflow to stop working.
- Click the x button on the top-left to save your changes and close the Action Editor.
- Ensure the workflow is Published to start your schedule on time.
What Happens After a Workflow is Automatically Started
The workflow is started according to the parameters set in Scheduling a Workflow.
If you require a human user to become involved as the workflow progresses, you can use either an Assign User or Task Email action later on in the workflow. For more information, see Assign User Action and Task Email Action.