A Rating question is one of the question types that can be added to a Form action. This article discusses Rating questions in more detail.
NOTE: Familiarity with Form actions is recommended to better understand this article. For more information, see Form Action.
Table of Contents
Understanding a Rating Question
When used in a Form action, a Rating question displays a series of numbers. Users then select the rating from among the numbers.
A Rating question as it appears on the User Application is seen below.
Setting Up a Rating Question
To add a Rating question to a Form action, select it from the list on the Action Editor. You can then start setting up the Rating question. For more information, see Setting Up a Form Action.
Under a Rating question's Advanced options section, you can set up the following:
- Default value: the default Rating displayed on the answer box.
- Lowest rating: The lowest rating that can be given. Set to 1 by default. You may set this to another number.
- Highest rating: The highest rating that can be given. Set to 7 by default. You may set this to another number.
- Lowest rating label: The label for the lowest rating. Set to none by default.
- Highest rating label: The label for the highest rating. Set to none by default.
- Button name: Form actions are set to be non-scrollable by default, meaning you have to click a button at the bottom of each Question page to go to the next question. The button name is set to Continue by default. You can set a new name for the button here.
- Conditional Questions: Each question type you can use in a Form action can be set to include Conditional Questions, if required. With Conditional questions, a question can be made to appear or disappear, depending on certain conditions. For more information, see Conditional Questions.