A Dropdown question is one of the question types that can be added to a Form action. This article discusses Dropdown questions in more detail.
NOTE: Familiarity with Form actions is recommended to better understand this article. For more information, see Form Action.
Table of Contents
- What is a Dropdown Question?
- Setting Up a Dropdown Question
- Question-Specific Settings
- Advanced Options
What is a Dropdown Question?
When used in a Form action, a Dropdown question displays a Dropdown list where users can select from among the choices as their answer/s to the question. One or more choices may be selected, depending on the settings (see Setting Up a Dropdown Question). If a user makes a mistake during selection, they can deselect an answer by clicking the x button shown on the answer.
You can add more than eight (8) answers to a Dropdown question.
A Dropdown question as it appears on the User Application is seen below.
NOTE: In contrast to a Dropdown question, a Multiple Choice question can only display up to eight (8) answers. It also displays a list of all choices from where answers may be selected. For more information, see Multiple-Choice Questions.
Setting Up a Dropdown Question
To add a Dropdown question to a Form action, select it from the list on the Action Editor. You can then start setting up the Dropdown question. For more information, see Setting Up a Form Action.
- Under the Dropdown Answers section, you may either manually enter an answer or import several answers at once.
- To manually enter a choice, click the + button to the right. Repeat for all answers to be shown on the box.
- To import several choices all at once, click the Import choices button, enter all the answers on the window in separate lines, then click Done.
- To allow users to select more than one choice, check the Allow multiple selections? box.
- You may also copy all answers to the clipboard. To do this, click the Copy all button under the Dropdown Answers section.
- You may delete all answers if you make a mistake setting them up. To do this, click the Delete all button under the Multiple Choice section.
- Individual answers may also be deleted by clicking the Delete icon to the right of an answer.
NOTE: When set to allow multiple answers, answers to Dropdown, Multiple-choice, and Country questions in a Form action are saved to a List. For more information, see Data Types in Autto.
Under a Dropdown question's Advanced options section, you can set up the following:
- Default value: the default Dropdown displayed on the answer box.
- Button name: Form actions are set to be non-scrollable by default, meaning you have to click a button at the bottom of each Question page to go to the next question. The button name is set to Continue by default. You can set a new name for the button here.
- Conditional Questions: Each question type you can use in a Form action can be set to include Conditional Questions, if required. With Conditional questions, a question can be made to appear or disappear, depending on certain conditions. For more information, see Conditional Questions.
NOTE: Once a workflow with a Dropdown question is published and in use across your organization, you cannot add, delete, or edit the answers to the question without your explicit permission. If you permit changes to the question, make sure to update the answers where they are used.