Your workflows are accessible to other administrators in your organization. Administrators may also assign Managers to workflows.
Access to your workflows by other users inside or outside your organization is controlled via a workflow's publishing settings.
NOTE: User groups are another way to control access to workflows. For more information, see Managing User Groups.
Table of Contents
Managing Access for Managers
Administrators control access to your workflows by assigning managers to them. They can also revoke a manager's access to a workflow.
To manage workflow assignments for Managers:
- On the Admin Dashboard, click the Main menu on the top-right, then click Administration.
- Click the Workflows tab, then select the workflow from the list.
- Select either Add or Remove from the list of Actions.
- Select the manager from the list of Managers, then click Done. The manager is then assigned to or removed from the list of users who are authorised to access the Workflow.
NOTE: Workflows assigned to a Manager are viewable on the Manager's Admin Dashboard. Managers may assign other users to manage their workflow, but these users cannot create workflows on their own. For more information, see Types of Users.
Managing Access for Other Users
Aside from administrators and managers, other users may access your workflows, e.g. Customer Support, through the links found under a workflow's publishing settings. You, or another administrator or manager who has access to the workflow, can either publish the links somewhere on your website or give the links to other users via email or some other means.
A workflow may be published using any of the following settings:
- Invitation Required: Only invited users can set up an account on the End-User Application and use the Workflow.
- Registration Required: Any user with the URL can access the Workflow but they must set up an Account on the End-User Application.
- Public: Any user with the URL can access the workflow even without setting up an account on the End-User Application, although they must accept your Ts&Cs, if any.
In addition, users are allowed to resume workflows by default. If you want to prevent users from resuming workflows, remove the check from the Allow users to resume this workflow box. For more information, see Managing Workflows.
NOTE: SSO Invitation Required - Only Invited Users is another publishing type available only to organisations that have integrated Autto with their Identity Provider for single sign-on access. For more information, see Setting Up Single Sign-On in Autto.