A Time question is one of the question types that can be added to a Form action. This article discusses Time questions in more detail.
NOTE: Familiarity with Form actions is recommended to better understand this article. For more information, see Form Action.
Table of Contents
What is a Time Question?
When used in a Form action, a Time question displays a Time control where users can enter the time.
The Time question is ideal for workflows involving meeting schedules, among others. For example, a meeting's start time and end times. You can add a Time question for the meeting's start time and another one for the end time.
An image of the default Time control that comes with a Time question is seen below.
In case the default Time control does not suit your needs, setting the Time question's Advanced Options will allow you to customize a timer that will fit your workflow.
Setting Up a Time Question
To add a Time question to a Form action, select it from the list on the Action Editor. You can then start setting up the Time question. For more information, see Setting Up a Form Action.
Under a Time question's Advanced options section, you can set up the following:
- Default value: The default Time that will be displayed on the Calendar.
- This is set to Select from [square_brackets] by default. To use a square bracket for the default value, enter the square bracket name on the box below.
- You can also set this Select input, in which case you can select either Current Time (the time when a user is filling in the form) or a custom time.
- Input time format: The format of the time, as displayed on the User Application. The default time format is 24 hour clock HH:MM.
- Limit Time Range: The times that will be displayed for selection. This is set to None by default. You can customize this depending on your requirements.
- Button name: Form actions are set to be non-scrollable by default, meaning you have to click a button at the bottom of each Question page to go to the next question. The button name is set to Continue by default. You can set a new name for the button here.
- Conditional Questions: Each question type you can use in a Form action can be set to include Conditional Questions, if required. With Conditional questions, a question can be made to appear or disappear, depending on certain conditions. For more information, see Conditional Questions.
Set the Advanced Options for a Time question using the image below as a guide.
When run within a workflow on the User Application, the above settings will result in the Time control shown below.