The Conditional  action creates a new [square bracket] based on one or more existing Square Brackets. This article discusses the Conditional  action in more detail.
Table of Contents
- Understanding the Conditional  Action
- Setting Up the Conditional  Action
- How a Conditional  Action Appears in the User Application
Understanding the Conditional  Action
The Conditional  action enables you to create a new square bracket based on other square bracket information you have already gathered earlier in the workflow. The new square bracket is created using one or more IF statements, and an ELSE statement.
NOTE: Familiarity with square brackets is recommended to better understand this article. For more information on square brackets, see Working with Square Brackets.
For example, AUTTO can create a new Conditional Square bracket [location_email] as follows:
IF [Location] IS 'United Kingdom' THEN [location_email] IS 'email@example.com'
ELSE [location_email] IS 'firstname.lastname@example.org.'
The Conditional  action allows creation of the following types of square brackets:
Similar to how a Condition action branches a workflow, you may need to add one or more Actions that will utilize the Conditional square bracket you defined in the Conditional  action.
Setting Up the Conditional  Action
To set up a Conditional  action:
- Drag a Conditional  action to the canvas of the Workflow Editor, and connect it to the prior action in the workflow.
- Position your cursor over the action, then click the Edit icon when it appears.
- On the Action Editor, select the type of square bracket you would like to create from the list.
- Enter a name and an optional description for the square bracket.
- If needed, you may click the optional Advanced Options section, then enter a default value and the maximum number of characters for the square bracket.
NOTE: If you do not see an Advanced Options section, it may not be available for the square bracket type you selected in Step 3.
- Set up the IF statement.
- Click the Add button to the top of the first IF statement to add more IF statements, if required.
- Set up the ELSE statement.
- Click the x button on the top-left to save your changes and close the Action Editor.
- Set up the IF statement.
NOTE: The Conditional  Action is one of several Actions in AUTTO that have a Run for Table option, which allows you to use it against every record in an existing table and enter the results into a new table. Using square brackets, you can then use the new table later on in the workflow. For more information, see Getting Started with Run for Table.
How a Conditional  Action Appears in the User Application
The Conditional  action does not show on the User Application, as it performs data transformation. It enables you to create a new piece of information, stored in a [square_bracket] for later use. This [square_bracket] can then be used in the later stages of the workflow, either displayed in a Page, Email or Auttodoc action or used to branch the workflow in a Condition.