The OneDrive action allows the automatic uploading of files to a folder in a OneDrive account. This article discusses the OneDrive action in more detail.
Table of Contents
- Understanding the OneDrive Action
- Setting Up a OneDrive Action
- How a OneDrive Action Appears in a Workflow
Understanding the OneDrive Action
The OneDrive action makes it easy to let your workflows save files to a OneDrive folder.
Before you can use a OneDrive action in your workflow, you must first connect a OneDrive account to your AUTTO account from the Integrations option under the Main Menu. For more information, see Integrating with OneDrive.
Setting Up a OneDrive Action
Use a OneDrive action anytime you need to save a file in your Workflow to a folder on a OneDrive connected to your AUTTO account.
To set up a OneDrive action:
- Drag a OneDrive action to the canvas of the Workflow Editor.
- Position your cursor over the action that comes right before the OneDrive action, click the Go to icon when it appears, then connect the prior action to the OneDrive action.
- Position your cursor over the OneDrive action, then click the Edit icon when it appears.
- On the Action Editor, the default OneDrive account connected to AUTTO is displayed. If you have multiple OneDrive accounts connected to AUTTO, you may select another account from the list.
- Click Select Files, then select the files to be uploaded to the OneDrive account that you selected in Step 3. You can add as many files of any file type as required. For more information, see Attaching Files to Actions.
- The answer to the question Each time a new file/s is saved, would you like a new sub-folder to be created? is set to No by default. You may set this to Yes so that a new sub-folder is created each time a file is saved to the connected OneDrive account.
- If you set Yes in Step 5, enter the name of the folder to be created in the appropriate box. You may use [square brackets] for the name.
- Click the X button on the Action Editor to save your changes and close the window.
How a OneDrive Action Appears in a Workflow
The OneDrive action does its work of saving files to the designated OneDrive account behind the scenes - you will not see it appear in the User Application.
When using a OneDrive action in a workflow, check the designated OneDrive account to ensure that files are being saved therein as intended.