The Google Drive action allows the automatic uploading of files to a folder in a Google Drive account. This article discusses the Google Drive action in more detail.
Table of Contents
- Understanding the Google Drive Action
- Setting Up a Google Drive Action
- How a Google Drive Action Appears in a Workflow
Understanding the Google Drive Action
The Google Drive action makes it easy to let your workflows save files to a Google Drive folder.
Before you can use a Google Drive action in your workflow, you must first connect a Google Drive account to your AUTTO account from the Integrations option under the Main Menu. For more information, see Integrating with Google Drive.
Setting Up a Google Drive Action
Use a Google Drive action anytime you need to save a file in your Workflow to a folder on a Google Drive account.
To set up a Google Drive action:
- Drag a Google Drive action to the canvas of the Workflow Editor.
- Position your cursor over the action that comes right before the Google Drive action, click the Go to icon when it appears, then connect the prior action to the Google Drive action.
- Position your cursor over the Google Drive action, then click the Edit icon when it appears.
- On the Action Editor, the default Google Drive account connected to AUTTO is displayed. If you have multiple Google Drive accounts connected to Autto, you may select another account from the list.
- Click Select Files, then select the files to be uploaded to the Google Drive account that you selected in Step 3. You can add as many files of any supported file type as required. For more information, see Attaching Files to Actions.
- The answer to the question Each time a new file/s is saved, would you like a new sub-folder to be created? is set to No by default. You may set this to Yes so that a new sub-folder is created each time a file is saved to the connected Google Drive account.
- If you set Yes in Step 6, enter the name of the folder to be created in the appropriate box. You may use [square brackets] for the name.
- Click the X button on the Action Editor to save your changes and close the window.
How a Google Drive Action Appears in a Workflow
The Google Drive action does its work of saving files to the designated Google Drive account behind the scenes - you will not see it appear in the User Application.
When using a Google Drive action in a workflow, check the designated Google Drive account to ensure that files are being saved therein as intended.