Autto has a Copy feature that makes it easy to create a new workflow based on an existing one. A Copy feature is also available for Form, Page, and Email actions within workflows.
This article discusses how to copy workflows and actions in Autto.
Table of Contents
Copying a Workflow
Workflows can be copied from the Admin Dashboard. New workflows based on existing ones can then be modified accordingly.
To copy a workflow:
- Select the workflow to be copied, then click the three points on its top right.
- Click Copy. The workflow is then copied to the bottom of the Admin Dashboard, with the prefix Copy of attached to its name, denoting it as a copy of the original workflow. To edit the workflow, see Managing Workflows.
You can copy existing actions and use these actions within the same workflow, modifying them as necessary.
Only Form, Email, and Page actions can be copied. You can either copy an Action one at a time or several Actions at the same time.
NOTE: Actions can only be copied from within a workflow. Thus, you cannot copy an action from one workflow, then paste and use it in another workflow.
To Copy an Action
To copy a single Action, position your cursor over the Action, then click the Copy icon. The Action is then copied on to the canvas of the Workflow Editor.
To Copy Multiple Actions
This feature is enabled within the Workflow Editor.
To copy two or more actions at the same time:
- On the Workflow Editor, click the Select tool on the toolbar right below the menu on the top right.
- Position your cursor over the Action to be copied, press Ctrl on your keyboard, then left-click the Action. You will know the Action has been selected by the appearance of a broken line over its solid border.
- To select other Actions for copying, repeat Step 2.
- Click the Copy tool to the right of the Select tool. The Actions are then copied on to the canvas of the Workflow Editor with the suffix _copy attached to its name, denoting them as copies of the original Action.
- If you make a mistake when selecting an Action, click the Reset selection tool to the left of the Select tool.