This article introduces the Workflow Editor, which is the main tool for designing workflows in Autto.
Table of Contents
Opening the Workflow Editor
All Autto workflows are created using the Workflow Editor, an easy-to-use visual workflow designer with a canvas onto which actions are dragged from a list on the left.
To open the Workflow Editor, on the Admin Dashboard, click either New Workflow on the top-left or the Edit button on an existing workflow.
On the next page, select either a blank workflow or a function from the list to open the Workflow Editor.
Using the Workflow Editor
When you click the New Workflow button on the top-left of the Admin Dashboard to open the Workflow Editor, you need to enter a name for the workflow and an optional description, select a publishing type for the workflow, then click Create to view a draft Workflow that already includes a Start Action.
To start creating your workflow, drag Actions from the list on the left onto the Workflow Editor's canvas. For more information, see Creating a New Workflow.
When you click the Edit button on an existing workflow, the Workflow Editor will display the workflow's current design, as seen in the screenshot below.
To start editing the workflow, position your cursor over any of the Actions, then click the Edit icon that appears over the action. You can also copy or delete an Action, or disconnect the link between Actions.
On the top-right of the Workflow Editor, there are six (6) buttons:
- Settings: Allows selecting a stylesheet for use with the Workflow. You can also delete the Workflow from here.
- Publish: Allows publishing of a new Workflow or replacing or archiving of a previously published version.
- Preview: Opens a Workflow currently undergoing editing in a new Window.
- Data: Allows viewing of a workflow's execution progress and downloading of data. This only appears for published workflows.
- Draft: Allows viewing and editing of the Draft workflow. For published workflows, clicking this button opens a draft copy of the workflow that is ready for editing.
- Published: Allows viewing of the Published workflow. This only appears for published workflows.
You can zoom in or out, or go back to the original viewing size of a Workflow using the line of buttons to the right of the Actions list.
On the top-right of the Workflow Editor, there are buttons that allow multi-selection of Actions, copying of multiple Form, Email, and Page actions, locking or unlocking of Actions (locking prevents moving of actions while unlocking allows them to be moved to another location on the Workflow editor), and deleting of Actions.
For more information, see Managing Workflows.